Welcome to Gary-Worth!
A bit of history
Gary-Worth is a family owned business that was founded in 1959. The name Gary-Worth is actually made by combining two first names Gary McManus (son) and Worth McManus (father). Gary-Worth began as a used car dealership on Union Avenue (now named Martin Luther King Blvd) in Portland. A few years later the Plymouth new car franchise was obtained and in 1970 the Chrysler franchise was added. Up until 1982 the company was called Gary-Worth Chrysler Plymouth. Gary-Worth Plymouth also sold International Harvester light duty trucks. In 1970 the company was relocated to property on McLoughlin Boulevard in Gladstone. In 1982 the Chrysler & Plymouth franchises were dropped and the Lincoln & Mercury franchises were added.
In July of 2008 the Lincoln & Mercury franchises were bought by Ford Motor Company as a part of their efforts to consolidate and move Lincoln & Mercury in with Ford dealerships. Our parts, service and body shop were closed on September 30th and our retail sales operations were closed on October 31, 2008.
Many former customers may have questions regarding our business. Please feel free to visit our Q & A page which should provide answers to most of these questions.
We wish to thank the many loyal and dedicated customers we served over the 49 years we were in business!